This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Trying to debug a testsuite failure


In running the gcc testsuite on pdp11, I get some failures like this:

collect2: fatal error: /Users/pkoning/Documents/svn/buildpdp/gcc/nm returned 1 exit status
compilation terminated.
compiler exited with status 1
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtins/memcpy-chk.c compilation,  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -fpeel-loops -ftracer -finline-functions 

While those tests flags are not terribly useful on a small memory platform like pdp11, I wouldn't expect a failure like that.  Some tests with those flags do pass.

The real issue is that collect2 is apparently failing for no visible reason and without any helpful explanation of what it's trying to do.  Any hints on how I might debug this?

	paul


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]