This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PowerPC -mspe Removed But Still in Docs
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems dot org>
- Cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Sebastian Huber <sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 08:35:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: PowerPC -mspe Removed But Still in Docs
- References: <CAF9ehCVaFxTt8fB4h529ZAiN63G=Qy9j_cHNhh_WvJ+5gHvRWw@mail.gmail.com> <20180828215422.GB24439@gate.crashing.org> <CAF9ehCV_Gu05EHySv-hKbwYbQBULf8BhQ=h-6Hf6bTfDsSK-6A@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 05:34:31PM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Is dropping the -mno-spe option with gcc 8 and lower equivalent to the
> current gcc master? We had it in some BSPs and I don't want them to
> break with gcc 8.
For *-linux targets (so no "spe" in there), -mno-spe was the default
already. If you also build for say *-linux-gnuspe targets, you need to
keep that option there; -mspe is the default there AFAIK.