Workaround for bugs 42614 and 42691 in GCC 4.4.2

Hello,

We are forced to use version 4.4.2 of GCC C compiler for a certain project and to analyze the potential impact, to our software, of bugs detected for this GCC version.

I am already aware that bugs reported for 4.4.x versions may also be present in 4.4.2, but for the moment we have decided to keep the scope of the analysis for the ones reported specifically for this version ("know to fail").

In the GCC bugzilla tracker I have found a couple of them that bother me (we intend to use -O2 optimizations):

Bug 42614 - [4.4 Regression] FRE optimizes away valid code after IPA inlining.
Bug 42691 - [4.4/4.5 regression] problematic REG_EQUAL note added to SUBREG.

Can someone recommend a general workaround for them (e.g. deactivating the affected optimizations) or any other approach that can be used to ensure that there is no impact to the object code?

Thanks in advance,
Vicent