This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: That light at the end of the tunnel?
- From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: esr at grelber dot thyrsus dot com, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mark Atwood <fallenpegasus at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 08:44:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: That light at the end of the tunnel?
- References: <20180721020451.8E1C43A4AA7@snark.thyrsus.com> <CAGWvnyk00enpOMC+dhC47EBPpB=5EpV1MKik6WpnmOfom5HxwQ@mail.gmail.com> <20180721113158.GA10182@grelber> <CAGWvnykGR2PasBzeSCN5uz5vf04n_Z6U8N3hBuCxNqc_3Hqkqg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: esr at thyrsus dot com
David Edelsohn <dje.gcc@gmail.com>:
> I realize that reverting the change would cause another regression.
> My suggestion is that the bisection of reposurgeon may be easier /
> faster and could help you pinpoint the root cause. Then you could
> consider a different solution to the problem that you were trying to
> fix with the initial patch. You could see explicitly how the
> reposurgeon patch fixes one problem and how it creates a different
> problem in Trunk.
Apologies for the belated reply. I've been on semi-vacation at the
World Boardgaming Championships for the last week, working on NTPsec
stuff only.
Yes, if I were certain of the SVN revision at which conversion was last good,
I would do this. Since I'm not, and can't regress on two timelines at once,
I have to choose one.
--
<a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>
My work is funded by the Internet Civil Engineering Institute: https://icei.org
Please visit their site and donate: the civilization you save might be your own.