Re: Repo conversion troubles.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Jul  9, 2018, Jeff Law <law@redhat.com> wrote:

> >> I'm pretty certain things were still good at r256000.  I've started that
> >> check running.  Not expecting results in less than twelve hours.
>
> > r256000 would be roughly Christmas 2017.
>
> When was the RAID/LVM disk corruption incident?  Could it possibly have
> left any of our svn repo metadata in a corrupted way that confuses
> reposurgeon, and that leads to such huge differences?

That was 14/15 Aug 2017, and all the SVN revision data up to r251080 were
restored from backup within 24 hours or so.  I found no signs of damage to
revisions from the 24 hours or so between r251080 and the time of the
corruption when I examined diffs for all those revisions by hand at that
time.

(If anyone rsynced corrupted old revisions from the repository during the
window of corruption, those corrupted old revisions might remain in their
rsynced repository copy because the restoration preserved file times and
size, just fixing corrupted contents.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com