Good news, bad news on the repository conversion

There is good news bad news on the GCC repository conversion.

The good news is that I have solved the only known remaining technical
problem in reposurgeon blocking the conversion.  I've fixed the bug
that prevented execute permissions from being carried by branch
copies.

The bad news is that my last test run overran the memnory capacity of
the 64GB Great Beast.  I shall have to find some way of reducing the
working set, as 128GB DD4 memory is hideously expensive.

The only remaining software issue is that I need to figure out what
should be done with your mid-branch deletes. When they're followed by
a branch copy the combination is probably best expressed as a merge
to the target branch.  I need to audit to see if there are other
cases.

Alas, this continues to be a slow and grindingly difficult job.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a
woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
	-- L. Neil Smith