This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: aarch64-none-elf build broken
- From: Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 17:09:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: aarch64-none-elf build broken
- References: <CAKdteObzFC88ixvV2_=b4aHPAwBA3f49FOQevqWfE3XdxA44Rw@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdRiOVG=HZf0wtPhE-NFsozcaYFFUW1q_-UmhY1U0j46Mw@mail.gmail.com>
On 8 June 2018 at 16:41, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 June 2018 at 14:22, Christophe Lyon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As I reported in
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=78870#c16, the build of
>> GCC for aarch64*-none-elf fails when configuring libstdc++ since
>> r261034 (a week ago).
>
> Sorry for not trying to fix it, I'm travelling and not been able to
> look into it (which is why I've only been doing trivial refactoring
> patches all week).
>
I'm not blaming you in any way :)
>
>> The root cause is PR66203 which I reported quite some time ago, which
>> points to a newlib problem: on aarch64 there is no default rom
>> monitor, one has to explicitly use a --specs flag for the link to
>> succeed.
>
> I have no idea why this causes the libstdc++ configuration problem
> though, I don't understand the issue.
That's because aarch64-elf-gcc conftest.c -o conftest fails to link if
one does not provide --specs=rdimon.specs.
So, every configure test that involves a link phase fails.