This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Please support the _Atomic keyword in C++


On 16 May 2018 at 11:23, Rodrigo V. G. wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 12:50 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you want a freestanding C++ implementation then configure GCC with
>> --disable-hosted-libstdcxx and build+install libstdc++. Those
>> instructions do neither of those things, so it's unsurprising you
>> don't get a proper freestanding C++ implementation.
>
> Ok. I give up for the moment. I will continue without libstdc++,
> as building libstdc++-v3, even with --disable-hosted-libstdcxx
> in my case seems to require some workarounds
> (enable_dlopen=no in the configure script) and some headers
> that I don't have at the moment. Maybe I return to it at a later time.

If the freestanding build for libstdc++ doesn't work on your target
that might be a bug in libstdc++, but it will be a lot easier to fix
that than to support _Atomic in C++.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]