Re: AMD GCN port

On 11/05/18 12:18, Andrew Stubbs wrote:
The other thing that's occurred to me is that with og8 being new, maybe it's a good time to merge the GCN stuff into that, and work with the NVidia folks to share it. [Adding Cesar and Thomas to CC.] I'm aware of some incompatibilities with og7, but those are going to need fixing either way.

I've spoken with Thomas. He's happy to take GCN patches there, or GCN related patches anyway, so that's an option.

I can use it as my upstream, or push my changes directly.

I guess it makes no difference to me -- I'm going to have to go through all the steps anyway -- but it depends how transparent others would like me to be.

The more I think about this, the more I'm coming to the conclusion that nobody but me really cares about GCN for GCC 8, and nobody cares about the development history, so I'm over-complicating my upstreaming plans.

I should just do what I need to do in my local repo, as before, and submit a somewhat flattened patch series for inclusion in trunk in the traditional manner, as soon as I have it.

Andrew