This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: how to generate - "procedure linkage table" for MIPS
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at mips dot com>
- To: V R <mipsdev18 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 00:01:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: how to generate - "procedure linkage table" for MIPS
- References: <CAGdV6F-b-wqNQV2JYhq5_RTBG1m=sFAE8tJOWiy-d_F4qMDV_Q@mail.gmail.com>
On Mon, 5 Mar 2018, V R wrote:
> Also on enabling gcc on MIPS with "–with-mips-plt " option the plt stub
> wasnt seen. Is there
> anything missing that needs to be done or is there any limitation , please
> let me know.
What problem are you trying to solve? Can you run `readelf -S' on a MIPS
executable you think you have a trouble with and post the result?
NB MIPS shared libraries use the so called lazy binding stubs, where the
call is always indirect, rather than a procedure linkage table to achieve
a similar effect, so you won't ever see a PLT in a MIPS shared library.