RE: Google Summer of Code 2018: Call for mentors and ideas

Hi Martin,

Frankly speaking I believe that students who discussed topics on mailing list might
eventually just decide that they were too challenging for them and also competition
appeared too difficult. As far as I remember student can only pick few organizations and
maybe they just decided to pick some other projects where they expected higher chance
of success. After all, as you wrote, it is students work to come up with good projects.

Nevertheless, I'd suggest keeping discussions regarding GSoC projects, that took place in
mailing list in wiki (as a summary or direct links) for future reference if someone would
like to better understand how some elements work in GCC or would like to continue those works.
Without any external link I'm afraid it might get lost in the mailing list soon.

>From my personal point of view I think you did a great work with handling all communication
regarding GSoC participation and I believe you are a perfect candidate for admin role next year.

Sebastian