Re: How can compiler speed-up postgresql database?

On 03/21/2018 10:26 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 8:57 PM, Martin Liška <mliska@suse.cz> wrote:
Hi.

I did similar stats for postgresql server, more precisely for pgbench:
pgbench -s100 & 10 runs of pgbench -t10000 -v

Without looking at the benchmark probably only because it is flawed
(aka not I/O or memory bandwidth limited).  It might have some
actual operations on data (regex code?) that we can speed up though.

Well, it's not ideal as it tests quite simple DB with just couple of tables:
```
By default, pgbench tests a scenario that is loosely based on TPC-B, involving five SELECT, UPDATE, and INSERT commands per transaction.
```

Note that I had pg_data in /dev/shm and I verified that CPU utilization was 100% on a single core.
That said, it should not be so misleading ;)

Martin

Richard.

Martin