This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc-8-20180225: "go" breaks building OpenMP
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Siegmar Gross <siegmar dot gross at informatik dot hs-fulda dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 08:44:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: gcc-8-20180225: "go" breaks building OpenMP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <9ffcc278-958a-f711-f435-b3aa184bb9e9@informatik.hs-fulda.de>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 07:56:38AM +0100, Siegmar Gross wrote:
> some days ago I've installed gcc-8-20180225 with accelerator support on my
> "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12.3 (x86_64)" with gcc-6.4.0. Yesterday I
> tried to add the languages objc, obj-c++, and go to my installation.
> Unfortunately, I lost the OpenMP support. Adding the languages
> step-by-step, I found out that "go" is responsible for the problem.
Why are you doing it at all?
In the OpenMP/OpenACC offloading compiler, you only need the LTO "frontend",
and libraries built for C, C++ and Fortran as those are the languages
supported by OpenMP/OpenACC. You don't need anything else. And, Go doesn't
support NVPTX at all. Ada probably doesn't either.
Jakub