Re: Google Summer of Code 2018: Call for mentors and ideas

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018, Eric Gallager wrote:

> Would it make sense to recycle old GSoC projects that never got
> completed? I'm wondering about the "replace libiberty with gnulib" one

I'd like to see that finished, but I'm not convinced it makes a good GSoC
project, given how it involves tricky portability and build system issues
and the need to test for lots of different configurations including
Canadian crosses.  It would really need someone particularly interested in
that area, and a build machinery maintainer actively involved.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com