This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Google Summer of Code 2018: Call for mentors and ideas


On 01/17/2018 11:16 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> 
> We have a tool that aggregates the output of simulator trace logs
> and generates coverage reports directly. It can also generate
> gcov output but there are some anomalies when gcov generates reports
> from our input that don't match the truth of the traces.
> 
> We just need someone who can explain what is wrong so it can be fixed.

Hello.

I have quite some knowledge about gcov infrastructure and I've applied various
patches in the tool for upcoming GCC 8 release. Can you please define more
specifically what you'll need and what's limitation of current gcov infrastructure?

If that would lead in a topic for GSoC, I can mentor that.

Martin


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]