This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Invalid free in standard library in trivial example with C++17 on gcc 7.2
- From: Shane Matley <general+gcc at matley dot com dot au>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 17:59:21 +1000
- Subject: Invalid free in standard library in trivial example with C++17 on gcc 7.2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Hi,
Apologies if I am coming about this in the wrong way, I am new to the
mailing list. During our preliminary work to upgrade to gcc 7.2 (from
6.3) at my workplace, we have come across a bug that is blocking our
move to C++17. I have raised a bug report here:
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=82172.
There is an invalid free in a string within basic_stringbuf when
inserting a character into an empty stringbuf when using the pre CXX11
ABI, LTO, O1 and C++17.
Could anyone offer some advice on diagnosing this further, or working
around this issue that doesn't involve moving to the CXX11 ABI?
Thanks in advance,
-- Shane