This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Where can I get copyright assignment/disclaimer forms for contribution to gcc ?
- From: lhmouse <lh_mouse at 126 dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: jon_y at users dot sourceforge dot net
- Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 18:10:55 +0800 (CST)
- Subject: Where can I get copyright assignment/disclaimer forms for contribution to gcc ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Dear GCC developers,
I have created a patch for enabling diagnostic colors on Windows. In order to allow the patch to be integrate with GCC, I need the copyright assignment/disclaimer forms, according to <https://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html>. Our MinGW target maintainer, jon_y, is also interested in the patch. While we have no idea about the process about submitting patches, we need some guidance about:
1. where I get the copyright assignment or disclaimer forms, and
2. what I do with that form (from <https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#Legal-Matters> I learned that I print it, sign it, then send back a scanned copy of it, is that enough?), and
3. which format I use for the patch (it was generated using Git rather than SVN), the changelog, etc.
Thanks in advance.
--
Best regards,
LH_Mouse