This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Overwhelmed by GCC frustration
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Oleg Endo <oleg dot endo at t-online dot de>
- Cc: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 12:23:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: Overwhelmed by GCC frustration
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <597F2FB4.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 01:12:41AM +0900, Oleg Endo wrote:
> I could probably write a similar rant. This is the life of a "minority
> target programmer". Most development efforts are being done with
> primary targets in mind. And as a result, most changes are being
> tested only on such targets.
Also, many changes require retuning of all target backends. This never
happens for those backends that aren't very actively maintained.