Re: timeouts/malloc failures in ada tests?

> I see large numbers of timeouts in Ada tests on trunk in parallel
> run s (make -j96) on x86_64.  Messages like the one below appear
> in the logs, suggesting some sort of heap corruption.  I'm having
> trouble reproducing it outside the rest of the test suite (i.e.,
> by just running the Ada tests by themselves) but maybe I'm doing
> it wrong.  Unless this is a known problem I can try to pinpoint
> it closer if someone could share the magic spell to run just Ada
> tests to speed up the debugging.
>
> Is it (a known problem)?

No, but regressions were recently introduced in the ACATS testsuite:

                === acats tests ===
FAIL:   cb4008a
FAIL:   cb41001

so this could be related.

Ada is not enabled by default so this is not surprising.  It's OK for small
changes and bug fixes, but people making extensive changes to the compiler
should really consider enabling it (and it's a very good testbed).

--
Eric Botcazou