This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Getting spurious FAILS in testsuite?
- From: Jim Wilson <jim dot wilson at linaro dot org>
- To: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 09:25:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: Getting spurious FAILS in testsuite?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 06/01/2017 05:59 AM, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:
Hi, when I am running the gcc testsuite in $builddir/gcc then
$ make check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS='ubsan.exp'
comes up with spurious fails.
This was discussed before, and the suspicion was that it was a linux
kernel bug. There were multiple kernel fixes pointed at, it wasn't
clear which one was required to fix it.
I have Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on my laptop, and I see the problem. I can't
run the ubsan testsuites with -j factor greater than one and get
reproducible results. There may also be other ways to trigger the problem.
See for instance the thread
The first message in the thread from Andrew Pinski mentions that the log
output is corrupted from apparent buffer overflow.