This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |
| Other format: | [Raw text] | |
On 03/17/2017 03:28 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
On 03/17/2017 03:31 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Bernd Schmidt <bschmidt@redhat.com> wrote:On 03/17/2017 07:38 PM, Pinski, Andrew wrote:One of the following revision caused a bootstrap comparison failure on aarch64-linux-gnu: r246225 r246226 r246227Can you help narrow that down?I can though I don't want to duplicate work since Jeff was going to provision an aarch64 system. My automated testing is approximately every hour or so; these commits were within an hour window even. I did not look into the revisions when I write the email but I suspect r246227 did NOT cause it since aarch64 does not use reload anymore.My the box I got isn't terribly fast, but regardless I'll be walking through each commit to see if I can trigger the failure. 246224 tested OK (as it should). 246225 is in progress.
I have access to a fast box that isn't otherwise in use at the moment so I'm taking a look. r246225 builds OK. r246226 does not. So it is Bernd's combine patch. A little experimenting shows that the compare difference is triggered by the use of -gtoggle in stage2, which is not used in stage3. Otherwise stage2 and stage3 generate identical code. The bug is apparently due to a problem with handling debug insns in the combine patch.
Jim
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |