This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: __sync_-builtins cause undefined references on some sparc targets
- From: Jan Sommer <soja-lists at aries dot uberspace dot de>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, devel at rtems dot org
- Cc: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 22:14:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: __sync_-builtins cause undefined references on some sparc targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DE6CFD2ED4BCD440A2DE18E253A8FDF45A376F@DLREXMBX01.intra.dlr.de> <3423341.3e29goEyeU@polaris>
On Montag, 27. Februar 2017 22:07:56 CET Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > "This __sync_() stuff seems to be used in several places in GCC. So,
> > changing libbacktrace is probably not enough. We need a general solution
> > for the __sync_() builtins on RTEMS. I don't think GCC can be changed to
> > emit __atomic_() calls for the __sync_() builtins (I would still try to
> > ask). The libgcc or libatomic is probably a good place to add them for
> > RTEMS as functions implemented via __atomic_() builtins."
> >
> > Could someone give me some recommendations on what would be the best
> > solution to fix the problem and maybe some pointers on how to start?
>
> I'm not sure backtrace support has much interest on embedded platforms and I
> don't think implementing atomic operations makes any sense on LEON2, so the
> best thing to do is probably to kludge around it in libgfortran.
>
Is there an easy way to remove the libbacktrace dependency?
Might something like that work?: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/553017/