This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: [RFD] Simplifying subregs in LRA


> If a MEM subreg is neither simplified to an outermode MEM nor reloaded
> in innermode then I believe LRA will never resolve the subreg.  Even if that
> is not true I'm fairly certain the addition of the code has changed
> behaviour and that the change is not well understood, as explained above.

Fair enough, let's remove the "return false" then.

> I hadn't spotted that table, very helpful, thanks. The other architectures
> I listed may be helped in their transition to LRA.  I guess they are
> attempting to move given optional LRA support.

You can send me the patch(es) in advance, I'll give it a try on SPARC.

-- 
Eric Botcazou


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]