Re: -mcx16 vs. not using CAS for atomic loads

On 1/24/17 3:06 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
The only possible concern I see might be with simulators that force HTM
failure, for the purpose of forcibly testing fallback paths.  I guess we'd have
to continue to fall back to the lock path for that case.

IIRC, this was the path that valgrind was going to use all of the time,
because actually implementing the HTM instructions was too hard.

Peter