This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: make: *** wait: No child processes during make -j8 check
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 17:27:25 -0800
- Subject: Re: make: *** wait: No child processes during make -j8 check
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Martin Sebor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I've run into this failure during make check in the past with
> a very large make -j value (such as -j128), but today I've had
> two consecutive make check runs fail with -j12 and -j8 on my 8
> core laptop with no much else going on. The last thing running
> was the go test suite. Has something changed recently that
> could be behind it? (My user process limit is 62863.)
I just did a -j32 build/test and it worked on my 32 core ARM64 machine.
I was doing a -j128 a few days ago also on another machine too.