This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Help with implementing Wine optimization experiment
- From: Daniel Santos <daniel dot santos at pobox dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 02:49:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: Help with implementing Wine optimization experiment
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <af89a465-e41f-e560-b27e-8c1e65cceb6a@pobox.com>
Just an update. I did discover how the pass functions call back into the
target-specific code, it's generated from gcc/config/i386/i386.md. So
thread_prologue_and_epilogue_insns() --> gen_prologue() -->
ix86_expand_prologue(), which is implemented in i386.c. So that problem
is solved, but still working on the rest. Currently, I'm guessing that
I'll look through the clobber list to see if all of the regs in the
array x86_64_ms_sysv_extra_clobbered_registers are present and if so,
replace those with the ms_abi_push_regs, figure out how to let everybody
know the new state of the stack and then allow any other clobbered regs
to get pushed/moved after that.
Daniel