This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 12:24:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: internal_reference_types
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87mvol7bho dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org> <8289829 dot aYo1ADNgYo at polaris> <CAFiYyc0aCHCv6fTiLDo2-9X2Ug8YB4VLOodHV5r1imWPqCXPSg at mail dot gmail dot com> <2216664 dot iVvVce5Ahi at polaris>
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Eric Botcazou <email@example.com> wrote:
>> What (Ada!) targets would it make a difference on? As it affects TYPE_SIZE
>> it also affects layout (obviously), so I wonder how this can be an
>> optimization (I assume it was intended to be one - likely for Adas fat
>> pointer representation?)
> Only Richard K. might remember the details. Possibly for IA-64/HP-UX -milp32.
> In any case, having a different representation for pointers and references is
> a recipe for annoying issues like this, so removing the kludge is OK with me.
With me as well - patch pre-approved on the middle-end side.
> Eric Botcazou