This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Does gcc cilk plus support include offloading to graphics hardware?
- From: Hal Ashburner <hal at ashburner dot info>
- To: Ilya Verbin <iverbin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 07:45:04 +1000
- Subject: Re: Does gcc cilk plus support include offloading to graphics hardware?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACCZV9Zpeyy7APrHnTV25rTFghT29UNYmwOVAT=43ABrB0azeQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CADG=Z0FtYxUpkxBBtgPySJizRt__kD+Nm8Mjb4gHZkd0qNXo+Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CACCZV9aS3dDbb7RxP96tAeHqC0SVb7Xq11CDa457D7WBurcjdg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CACCZV9Z3kUvM7Xvg4pPQsHDW78_9QrHfYuOuYpF2Jj55dC8NDg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CADG=Z0Gw7u36sc-EkhMg7ipDX3vzxThpLGoSy=TgexG_97mejg at mail dot gmail dot com>
That basic tutorial code was last updated 3 years ago. I think we've
established pretty clearly that gcc does _not_ have full support of
what intel calls cilk plus. Offload not supported, and the 3 year old
basic introductory tutorial code from the cilkplus.org website doesn't
compile. I'm likely to be suspicious of gcc's claims of support of
cilk plus in the future.
Thank you very much for your help, Ilya I appreciate it. It's good to
find these things out as early as possible.
On 22 April 2016 at 05:31, Ilya Verbin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> 2016-04-21 7:09 GMT+03:00 Hal Ashburner <email@example.com>:
>> Another cilk plus question:
>> Is op_ostream also considered to be outside of cilk plus?
>> I am trying to compile the basic "Cilk Plus Tutorial Sources" code as
>> supplied at http://cilkplus.org/download
>> reducer-ostream-demo.cpp, reducer-string-demo.cpp and
>> reducer-wstring-demo.cpp I am unable to get to compile.
> The tutorial samples require the latest Cilk runtime (not in GCC yet).
> The new runtime will be merged into mainline soon.
> -- Ilya