This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SafeStack proposal in GCC
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Cristina Georgiana Opriceana <cristina dot opriceana at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Volodymyr Kuznetsov <vova dot kuznetsov at epfl dot ch>, Lucian Mogosanu <lucian dot mogosanu at cs dot pub dot ro>, <george dot candea at epfl dot ch>, Razvan Deaconescu <razvan dot deaconescu at cs dot pub dot ro>
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 12:53:15 +0000
- Subject: Re: SafeStack proposal in GCC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFA9rWPkb=eV0GhvFeOnd4pRVh=N3fSifYBwZjy9Ndh68BmBww at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016, Cristina Georgiana Opriceana wrote:
> I bring to your attention SafeStack, part of a bigger research project
> - CPI/CPS , which offers complete protection against stack-based
> control flow hijacks. I am interested in developing SafeStack for GCC
> and I would like to ask for your feedback on this proposal.
I'm not expert on the relevant parts of GCC, but this seems like a useful
feature and your outline design seems sane.
Joseph S. Myers