This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 6.0.1 Status Report (2016-04-15)
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 09:12:54 -0600
- Subject: Re: GCC 6.0.1 Status Report (2016-04-15)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160415151038 dot GW19207 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On 04/15/2016 09:10 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
The only issue I'm aware of that I think must be fixed for gcc-6 is the
protected symbol visibility problem. I've got a good summary from Alan
and Cary and just need to file the report. I'll get that done today.
In theory, fixing is "just" a matter of reverting a change from about
this time last year and any follow-ups.
We have reached zero P1 regressions today (and < 100 important
regressions) and the branches/gcc-6-branch has been created;
and GCC 6.1-rc1 will be built and announced soon.
The branch is now frozen for blocking regressions and documentation
fixes only, all changes to the branch require a RM approval now.
If no show stoppers appear, I'd like to release 6.1 late next week,
or soon after that, if any important issues are discovered and
fixed, rc2 could be released next week.