Re: GCC 6.0.1 Status Report (2016-04-15)

On 04/15/2016 09:10 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
Status
======

We have reached zero P1 regressions today (and < 100 important
regressions) and the branches/gcc-6-branch has been created;
and GCC 6.1-rc1 will be built and announced soon.
The branch is now frozen for blocking regressions and documentation
fixes only, all changes to the branch require a RM approval now.

If no show stoppers appear, I'd like to release 6.1 late next week,
or soon after that, if any important issues are discovered and
fixed, rc2 could be released next week.
The only issue I'm aware of that I think must be fixed for gcc-6 is the protected symbol visibility problem. I've got a good summary from Alan and Cary and just need to file the report. I'll get that done today. In theory, fixing is "just" a matter of reverting a change from about this time last year and any follow-ups.

jeff