This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: (MIPS R5900) Adding support for the FPU (COP1) instructions
- From: Woon yung Liu <ysai187 at yahoo dot com>
- To: Gcc Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Matthew Fortune <matthew dot fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 01:26:35 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: (MIPS R5900) Adding support for the FPU (COP1) instructions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B023537E3BBF2E at hhmail02 dot hh dot imgtec dot org> <1920161490 dot 274759 dot 1459337040962 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com> <1668398468 dot 791739 dot 1459518289229 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: Woon yung Liu <ysai187 at yahoo dot com>
I realized that implementing support for the FPU probably isn't a very good idea, even if it can be done. As there is no way to preserve the contents of $ACC, it would be possible for other threads and interrupt handlers to overwrite the content of $ACC in-between a chain of MADDs or MSUBs.
Anyway, thanks for your patience and help.
Thanks and regards,