Re: How to identify the version of the LLVM AddressSanitizer integrated to GCC 4.9.3 and after

On 03/31/2016 05:48 PM, Maxim Ostapenko wrote:

> Yes, but please note, that this page describes differences between two particular revisions. For current trunk (and release) GCC and LLVM versions the situation might be different.
>

>> Finally any plans to integrate other sanitizer tools by LLVM in to
>> GCC, like Memory Sanitizer, Data Flow Sanitizer ?
>
> AFAIK, there aren't any plans on porting MSan and DFSan to GCC (see https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2014-10/msg00000.html for MSan). TSan and UBSan are already present in GCC.
>
> -Maxim

Hi.

I was thinking about integration of MSAN to GCC (as I was hunting for an issue in Firefox),
but as the sanitizer really needs to have instrumented all shared libraries that a program
uses, I gave up. After a brief discussion with Jakub, he had the same opinion.

However, I've been working on use-after-scope sanitizer ([1]), which would hopefully
land in GCC 7, where I hope we can get even better results as the GCC has good
scope information of local variables.

Martin

[1] https://github.com/marxin/gcc/tree/asan-use-after-scope-2