Re: Should a disabled warning be allowed to be promoted to an error(Bugzilla PR 70275)?

> In Bugzilla PR # 70275, Manuel López-Ibáñez reports that even though
> he provides the "-Werror=return-type" option, the compiler doesn't
> flag the warning/error about a control reaching the end of a non-void
> function, due to the presence of the "-w" option.  He points out that
> clang++ wtill flags the promoted warning even though warnings are
> inhibited.

I think -w is ordered with respect to the other warning obtions, and
-w inhibits previously requested warnings, and future -W flags may
enable other warnings.  With this in mind, I agree that the current
GCC behavior is consistent and probably not a bug.