Re: Is test case with 700k lines of code a valid test case?

> On Mar 14, 2016, at 12:05 PM, C BergstrÃm <cbergstrom@pathscale.com> wrote:
>
> I don't speak with any community authority - I think your test tool is
> misconfigured then. I don't see any pragmatic reason to generate such
> a test. It's unlikely to mirror any real world code and artificial
> test cases like this, at best only serve as some arbitrary data point.

I don't agree.  Generated code often produces very large files.  Also, proper handling of resource issues is important, because where those issues hit depends on the environment, and for some users might be in perfectly plausible code.  An error message that says "I can't handle this" is fine.  But a crash gives the user no information what is wrong, no suggestions on how to avoid the problem.

	paul