write, open and read statements in a fortran dll causing program to hang

Hello,

I have write, open and read statements in a fortran program and compile as,

gfortran -c test.f90

and create a dll with

gfortran -shared test.dll -o test.o

I import this dll in C# with dllimport and call one of the routine. After
the call the program hangs on write(*,*) statement.

May I know how I can compile test.f90 otherway to make it work with write,
open and read statements?

Regards,