Re: Would like to make one version of is_too_expensive in gcse.c and cprop.c

On 11/10/2015 07:46 PM, Bradley Lucier wrote:
The routines declared as

static bool
is_too_expensive (const char *pass)

in both cprop.c and gcse.c are identical except for two comment lines.

I'd like to modify is_too_expensive, which implied to me that there
should be only one copy of the routine.

Would it be reasonable to add an extern declaration of is_too_expensive
(with perhaps a more descriptive name) in gcse.h, remove the static
declaration from gcse.c, include gcse.h in cprop.c?

(I realize this is a very simple question for regular C programmers, but
I'm not a regular C programmer, sorry).
Yes, this would be fine. In fact, removing duplicates of this nature is a good thing.

jeff