This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Understand GCC test process
- From: Sabrina Souto <sabrinadfs at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 08:38:39 -0300
- Subject: Understand GCC test process
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Hi,
I'm needing to analyze the execution flow of a test, but don't
understand how the test drivers, e.g., gcc-dg.exp or dg.exp, access
the source code of GCC. When a test starts, what is the first function
that is called? How can I know that?
On another note, I observed the execution traces of some tests from
gcc.dg testsuite and I realized that more than 60% of the called
functions are common to all traces of all testes. So, I would like to
confirm if that happens because the drive is the same (dg.exp)? or if
there is a common process across all tests.
Does anyone can clarify the test process of GCC?
Thanks,
Sabrina Souto