This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Handling the dje ambiguity
- From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 22:14:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: Handling the dje ambiguity
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150827225303 dot GA19560 at thyrsus dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508272255350 dot 20506 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
- Reply-to: esr at thyrsus dot com
Joseph Myers <email@example.com>:
> On Thu, 27 Aug 2015, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> > For the curios, here's what it looks like to deal with this in reposurgeon:
> > authors read <gcc.map
> > # Deal with the one ambiguous username.
> > (<1>..<14639> & /master/b) | /premerge-fsf-branch/b assign gcc2
> > <gcc2> authors read <<EOF
> > dje = Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Bearing in mind that that email address is wrong (I don't know what's
> preferred, gcc.map currently has email@example.com for him as
> devans; MAINTAINERS says firstname.lastname@example.org)...
> > EOF
> > ~<gcc2> authors read <<EOF
> > dje = David Edelsohn <email@example.com>
> ... and David has said firstname.lastname@example.org is preferred for him (which also
> applies for username edelsohn, currently email@example.com in gcc.map).
Corrections accepted. So many different email addresses going around
that it's hard to keep track.
The essential point is what it looks like to support two different mappings
of the same Subversion ID in different parts of the repo. I know DJ was
interested in this, though I still don't know how to write the proper selection
set for that.
<a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>