Re: Repository for the conversion machinery

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 7:38 AM, Eric S. Raymond <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:
> I've made it available at:
>
> http://thyrsus.com/gitweb/?p=gcc-conversion.git
>
> The interesting content is gcc.map (the contributor map) and gcc.lift.
>
> Presently the only command in gcc.lift expunges the hooks directory.

Thanks for doing this.

A lot of the e-mail addresses are out of date, as you know.  Would it
be helpful to get updated e-mail addresses, or does it not really
matter?

In gcc.map I see
    anoncvs = Anonymous CVS User <anoncvs@gcc.gnu.org>
Are there any actual commits by this user?

In gcc.map:
    mmitchel = Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
    mmitchell = Mark Mitchell <mmitchell@usa.net>
These are the same person (and the e-mail addresses are out of date).
I don't know how the two different user IDs got in there.

In gcc.map:
    click = Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
    nickc = Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
These are the same person.  Maybe that is what is captured here, I don't know.

Ian