This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Change to C++11 by default?
- From: Krzesimir Nowak <qdlacz at gmail dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:25:55 +0200
- Subject: Re: Change to C++11 by default?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <554BB308 dot 1050701 at redhat dot com>
2015-05-07 20:46 GMT+02:00 Jason Merrill <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> I think it's time to switch to C++11 as the default C++ dialect for GCC 6.
> Any thoughts?
Does it mean that gcc 6 will have an official support for C++11,
instead of experimental as gcc 5 has now (See C++ section
As others in the thread noted - C++ 14 maybe should be considered as
default dialect provided that it will also have a official support
instead of experimental by the time gcc 6 is released.