Re: About adding OMPT into GNU's libgomp

On 13 April 2015 at 10:14, Harald Servat wrote:
>   Before we start, we'd like to know if there is someone else working
> on this direction. And if so, could we cooperate?

I have no idea about this part of your mail.

>   If there's nobody working on that, how should we start? According to
> the GCC webpage, GCC 5 is open for regression and doc fixes only [2],
> so it could considered mature enough to be a starting point? Or should
> we start in GCC 4.9.x?

Generally all new development should be done on the trunk (which has
now branched for GCC 6 because 5 is about to be released).

New features should be added to the trunk, not a stable release
branch, so doing work against a branch would just mean you have to
port it to the trunk before it could be included upstream. So you
should just work on the trunk in the first place.

The official Git mirror is documented at https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GitMirror