Re: Question about Gimple FE

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Richard Biener
<richard.guenther@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 4:00 PM, xue yinsong <xyshh94225@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for your reply to my proposal.
>> AFAIS, most of the files generated by -fdump-tree-all are presented in C-like form instead
>> of in lisp-like tuple form.
>> So itâs better to implement a front end for the C-like gimple representations.
>>
>> I want to make sure if I get the idea right.
>>
>> Besides, Iâm uncertain about the following questions:
>> 1.I suppose the syntax of the original gimple file generated by -fdump-tree-gimple would cover
>> the syntax of those generated in later stages. Could some one tell me if thatâs correct?
>
> Well - in 004t.gimple there is still no CFG and we are not in SSA
> form, so syntax of 'gimple'
> would change slightly dependent on properties of the IL.  GCC goes to
> various lowering stages
> (also for things like OpenMP, nested function and exception handling support).

Btw, I wouldn't necessarily try to parse exactly those dump format -
streamlining it for
easier parsing would be ok, especially for the basic-block markers.
There was a request
multiple times to make it easier to adjust a function cut&pasted from
a dump produced
by -fdump-tree to valid C (thus accepted by gcc).  One annoying
road-block is how we
dump labels and goto destinations.