This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: future versions
- From: Markus Trippelsdorf <markus at trippelsdorf dot de>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth dot at dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 06:45:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: future versions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJMcOU_d0asudB6ULzSKeBB+3LOHQOVD5VkP-3WHUgZdrsLC+w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2015.03.20 at 20:08 -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> What was the final decision concerning future versioning of FSF
> gcc post-5.0? In particular, I am confused about the designation of
> maintenance releases of 5.0. Will the next maintenance release be 5.1
> or 5.0.1? I assume if it is 5.1, then after branching for release of
> 5.0, trunk will become 6.0, no?