This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR65416, alloca on xtensa
- From: Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc at gmail dot com>
- To: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- Cc: Sterling Augustine <augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marc Gauthier <marc at cadence dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 23:36:47 +0300
- Subject: Re: PR65416, alloca on xtensa
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMo8BfKLG7oVXu0SSMe9j6P5TYPYEPRJwGJ=4VbHLMR38_QS2g at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150313201818 dot GE7174 at gate dot crashing dot org>
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 11:18 PM, Segher Boessenkool
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 05:54:48PM +0300, Max Filippov wrote:
>> 2. alloca seems to make an additional 16-bytes padding to each stack
>> allocation: alloca(1) results in moving sp down by 32 bytes, alloca(17)
>> moves it by 48 bytes, etc.
> This sounds like PR 50938, 47353, 34548, maybe more? Happens on most
Exactly! (And I was wrong about 1 byte, it needs at least 2 for 32
But...those PRs are marked as duplicates of a fixed PR 34548.
Looks like it's not fixed or there's a regression?