This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Newlib/Cygwin now under GIT
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: newlib at sourceware dot org, gdb at sourceware dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 11:20:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: Newlib/Cygwin now under GIT
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150305145541 dot GA20560 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20150310153846 dot GI5732 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Thank you for doing this! It cloned for me on the first try.
Any particular reason, the repo is called newlib-cygwin.git
and not the more general newlib.git. Cygwin isn't the
only user of newlib.
On 3/10/2015 10:38 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi fellow developers,
> I'm happy to inform you that the move of Newlib/Cygwin from the src CVS
> repository to the new, combined GIT repository is now final.
> Here's how to access the new GIT repository:
> git clone git://sourceware.org/git/newlib-cygwin.git
> git clone sourceware.org:/git/newlib-cygwin.git
> Web view:
> Commit messages go to the newlib-cvs and/or cygwin-cvs mailing lists,
> just as before. Commit messages also create a message to the freenode
> IRC channel #cygwin-developers.
> If you find problems, don't hesitate to report them, preferredly on the
> mailing list
> newlib AT sourceware DOT org
> I'm not a git wizard, rather a wizzard (pardon the discworld reference)
> so help in case of problems is highly appreciated.
> Newlib list: Jeff is on the road for the next couple of days so a
> discussion of this point has to wait a while, but for the time being,
> patches should continue to be accompanied by a ChangeLog entry.
> Have fun,
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985