Re: Proposal for path splitting for reduction in register pressure for Loops.

On 03/08/15 12:13, Richard Biener wrote:

I see.  This basically creates two loop latches and thus will make our loop detection code turn the loop into a fake loop nest.  Not sure if that is a good idea.
I'd have to sit down and ponder this for a while -- what would be the register pressure implications of duplicating the contents of the join block into its predecessors, leaving an empty joiner so that we still have a single latch?

Jeff