This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.8.4 Status Report (2014-12-05)
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 18:44:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.8.4 Status Report (2014-12-05)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141205091807 dot GJ1923 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOrbW80YRkFqNekN8eWPM1OS8+yuQtTCsuQ45EW9L0Pyaw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOqPeWrvPy1-ea9bKPehEpmz5A0h1EL12txuyC_HExOz2w at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 06:50:55AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 4:08 AM, H.J. Lu <hjl.tools@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 1:18 AM, Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> wrote:
> >> Status
> >> ======
> >>
> >> It is time for another 4.8 release, I'd like to create 4.8.4 release
> >> candidate at the end of the next week and if all goes well, 4.8.4 release
> >> a week after that. If you have any safe fixes you'd like to be backported,
> >> please do so soon, and if there are any known issues on the branch, please
> >> make sure they are reported in bugzilla and let us RMs know about those.
> >>
> >
> > I backported the fix for
> >
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=64037
> >
>
> My fix was reverted on trunk and 4.8 branch. I submitted an updated
> patch:
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-12/msg01183.html
>
> I'd like to see it get fixed in 4.8.4.
Given that the previous version broke some targets, I think we shouldn't
rush this in. The bug has been there for several years, 4.8.5 will be
released in a few months.
Jakub