Ann: MELT plugin 1.1 release candidate 1 available

Dear All,

It is my please to announce the MELT plugin 1.1 release candidate 1 for
GCC 4.8 and 4.9 (hosted preferably on Linux).

MELT -see http://gcc-melt.org/ for more - is a domain specific language
and meta-plugin (free software GPLv3+ licensed, FSF copyrighted) to
easily extend and customize the GCC compiler.

The MELT plugin 1.1 release candidate 1 (for GCC 4.8 or 4.9, with major
updates since previous MELT plugin 1.0.2) is available (since july 26th,
2014) from
 http://gcc-melt.org/melt-1.1-rc1-plugin-for-gcc-4.8-or-4.9.tar.bz2

as a bzip2-ed tar source file of md5sum
3b7ea46dddac2e81927c211ca6a90201, and of 3891814 bytes (3.8 Megabytes),
extracted from MELT branch svn revision 213071.

NEWS for 1.1 MELT plugin for GCC 4.8 & 4.9
[[july 2014]]
This is a major release (with perhaps some small incompatibilities
with previous MELT plugin releases).

   End-user improvements
   =====================

 ***

   The module list files *.modlis accept conditioned extra
   modules. Within them, a line like

       ?findgimple xtramelt-ana-simple.optimized

   means that: if the mode is findgimple, load the xtramelt-ana-simple
   module in its optimized flavour.

   The predefined modules now are named libmelt*.melt for standard
   library modules and xtramelt*.melt for extra modules.

   Language improvements
   =====================

   Add support for JSON (parsing and emitting JSON format) and
   JSONRPC2 client with TCP/IP transport. See
   DO_BLOCKING_JSONRPC2_CALL, MAKE_JSON_PARSER, OUTPUT_JSON, etc...
   This requires an UTF-8 locale.

 ***

  Several bug fixes, notably MELT-SFT-8. Better variadic binding.
  Many small improvements.

 ***

  The MODULE_IS_GPL_COMPATIBLE directive is now required to avoid
  warnings. Your modules should be GPL compatible, and state that with
  a directive like

     (MODULE_IS_GPL_COMPATIBLE <reason-string>)

for example
     (MODULE_IS_GPL_COMPATIBLE "GPLv3")

   Runtime improvements
   ====================

 ***

   The old GTKmm (or Qt/Python) probe is becoming deprecated.  A
   partial support for JSON & JsonRpc2 client is available.  A
   web-based MELT monitor is in the works, but not yet released.

 ***

   Input channel handlers can be either paragraph oriented (like in
   previous MELT releases) or raw input.

 ***

   We don't use setjmp but C++ exceptions

 ***

   melt_walk_use_def_chains adapted for GCC 4.9, and compatibility with
GCC 4.9

 ***

   The successful modes list is printed.

 ***

   Nearly systematic use of hooks.

 ***

   Improved support of pragmas, with both REGISTER_EXPANDED_PRAGMA &
   REGISTER_PLAIN_PRAGMA function.

 ***

   Sorting primitives like multiple_sort are fully reentrant, so their
   compare routine might do a sort itself!

 ***

   Remove old option handling, REGISTER_OPTION is removed.

####

Bug and success reports are welcome on gcc-melt@googlegroups.com

(If I get no annoying critical bug report, I will release MELT plugin
1.1 in the next few days)

Regards.

*** opinions {are only mine, sont seulement les miennes} ***