This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC version bikeshedding
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 18:55:06 +0200
- Subject: GCC version bikeshedding
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
So, what versioning scheme have we actually agreed on, before I change it in
wwwdocs? Is that
5.0.0 in ~ April 2015, 5.0.1 in ~ June-July 2015 and 5.1.0 in ~ April 2016,
5.0 in ~ April 2015, 5.1 in ~ June-July 2015 and 6.0 in ~ April 2016?
The only thing I understood was that we don't want 4.10, but for the rest
various people expressed different preferences and then it was presented as
agreement on 5.0, which applies to both of the above.
It is not a big deal either way of course.