This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Testing machine descriptions
- From: Niranjan Hasabnis <nirhasabnis at gmail dot com>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 18:09:16 -0400
- Subject: Testing machine descriptions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am very curious to know what kind of testing techniques are applied to
machine description files. To be precise, is there any unit-testing environment
when some instructions are added/removed from MD file, or any other testing
technique is applied? Also, when MD file is patched to fix a bug, what kind of
tests are done on it?
I'm very much interested in knowing compiler internals and hence this question.